If you're a member of the public looking for a psychotherapist you're entitled to know what stands behind the AAHTC 'brand', what sets us apart.
As HTA members we:
- respect and treat the client as a whole person, not as a symptom or diagnosis;
- engage the client's innate tendency for personal growth in the therapeutic process;
- recognise the client's healing process as in essence a sacred task worthy of deep respect.
In order to undertake this therapeutic work, HTA members have undertaken rigorous training of a very specific nature, that:
- engages them in a process that not only instills key practical skills but also
- is personally transformative in nature, releasing their healing capacities, and which
- develops their ability to form the high quality client-therapist relationships that underpin their effectiveness as professional practitioners.